12.02.2008

Are We There Yet?

I know it has been a long while since I have posted, so here's the scoop.


The end of November, a week after getting home from Florida, we pack up again and headed to Mexico!  Our flight reminded me so much of being in a comedy movie it was crazy!  The plan was seriously so tiny that to make it to your seat you had to turn sideways and shuffle.  It was like sitting next to people with caged chickens, okay maybe not caged chickens, but you get the picture.  

It was so much fun and so relaxing (noah stayed with family of course).  Why Mexico?  We can only go on vacation if it is any relation to a golf tournament.  Chris and a few members from Riverside played in a tournament hosted by Taylormade.  The guys played as the wives laid poolside sipping 'Pinata's' (virgin Pina coladas) and virgin Miami Vice's (strawberry daiquiri with pina colada).  It was the life!  Basking in the sun was not what they had planned for us though.

Taylormade gives each players wife excursions to do while they play.  We had a Spanish Mixology class, cooking with a great chef, shopping in town and did I mention any spa treatment we wanted!  Yeah, it was great!

The food in Mexico is AMAZING!  We had so much seafood and fresh fruit that I miss it already.  We ate at a local restaurant that over looked the city and bay area.  Talk about amazing view and just in time for sunset.

All in all Mexico was great!  I came away with two sets of earrings, salt and pepper shakers and ears that still seem to be a little plugged from the flight.

After being home for a few days it was Thanksgiving.  I just love being with family and it was great to have Chris's parents up for the feast!  We had a great time watching movies, white elephant exchange (which was pretty funny), and the nativity.  

Now here we are.  Chris back at work and probably coming down with a cold.  Hopefully Benedryl will give him a good nights rest.  Noah tucked snuggly down to bed (after the 50 millionth time of crawling out of his crib).  Did I mention this month is potty training month!  I don't know if I am ready.  Lets see....fun mickey and car underwear.....check....my patience....not quite check.  He is doing fare at telling us when he needs to go though.  Then there is me.  Pictures to be proofed, Christmas cards that need to be made and sent, gifts to be wrapped and bought, two trips worth of laundry to be folded and ironed, and relaxation somewhere in the mix.  I think the only thing I am finally done with is cleaning and decorating the lower level of my house (which I never want to take down!  I love christmas).  It's just a never ending mess!!!

If I don't write for a while I am crazy busy!!  So I want to wish everyone HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!! (okay I should write something in before that happens).  I would like to thank everyone for everything you have done, said, not said, and so forth.  I am eternal grateful to each and every one of you.  If you just have to talk to me, I have a new number.  It will not be disclosed here, but just email me.  Love You All!!!!

URGENT MESSAGE
If you would like an adorable greeting card with our fabulous family on it, yes we have included Hagen this year :), please email me your address.  IF YOU DONT!! then tough beans, we won't send you one.  Just know we still love you and are very disappointed that you don't want one :)

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm so jealous!!! I want an all inclusive resort va-cay. That sounds like soo much fun. Also...let me know how potty training goes and all your tips. Charlie's time is coming after Christmas and I need ALL the help I can get. Seriously, we will need help. :) Good luck getting all your stuff done--and I'm glad your back. I've missed seeing you. :)

Nicole M said...

Where are the pictures??? I need a mexico vacation...I'm so jealous! We're not going this year and I'm so bummed about it. Can't wait to catch up with you guys.

InspirednTired said...

You are one busy, busy woman! Glad that you and Chris were able to take a trip together, sounds fabulous, and I am totally jealous!
Good luck with the potty training!

Kurt and Kristy said...

Man!! You have the life!! And you better send us a Christmas card!! ;)

Kerry said...

I want one, but am not comfortable leaving my address here...