Do you ever wonder if you made a right decision in life? Or wish for things to be different at times.
i do.
Sometimes, especially when days are tough, I sit back and wonder what I have gotten myself into. I wonder what it would be like to be someone else. I'm sure I have traded places on numerous occasions with you! (hope you don't mind).
Someone once said,
"We tend to keep waiting for life to get better when, really, it just gets different. If the grass looks greener on the other side of your fence, it may be because you're not investing your time and energy in your own grass. Live in the present."
After reading this quote, it makes me want to rethink trading places. My grass isn't the greenest of greens. But it defiantly beats not having any at all.
Tonight I was doing my usual blog surfing when I came across a post by a friend that pretty much sums it up. It's a post that just scream's "ME" and possibly even you!
"The grass is always greener on the other side."
So they say. Whoever they are.
And sometimes it really seems that way.....doesn't it?? There are times in my life I have really believed it to be true.
But I am sloooowly learning as I grow older (and wiser, right?) that the grass is the greenest of greens, right beneath my very own feet. I just need to remind myself to look down.
Last month when Robby left for a week to Florida for work.....I was a bit on the bummed-out side, and feeling very woe-is-me. Yes he still had to work every day--but he was working in Florida! I've never been to Florida! He was eating out at fancy restaraunts, sleeping in a fancy bed, and HE HAD MAID SERVICE!!!
I was at home sweeping 100 times a day and doing the same old laundry and potty training routine....by myself. Where was my maid?
It's hard sometimes to be home all day. No fancy restaraunts. No one to pat you on the back. And all that sweeping.
unless, I look at it this way...
I get to be home.....all day! Do you know what that means? I get to make the plans....I am the boss! What we do. What we eat. Where we go.
Let's paint! Let's make bread! I get to hear the giggles, and be a part of their fun little world.
"Mommy you have to hurry and get out of here!! There are Storm Troopers coming!" I have absolutely no idea what that means, but was very excited that I was important enough to play along.
In between the sweeping, there will be a few hugs, I am sure of it. I get to play. Read books. Laugh....alot.
I get to experience the springing of spring through my two little one's eyes. Looking for buds. Listening to birds. Planting. Digging. Or just playing in the dirt....
Yesterday we went to the park. Enjoyed the sunshine. Swung the swings. Slid the slides. As my boy and my girl (who are getting so big) ran off across the grass, I looked down, and saw green.
s.j.























4 comments:
Wow, I need to have that attitude a little more often. I was just barely having a little pity party with myself after attempting the Post Office during nap time with Tired 1 and Hyper 2. I should just feel lucky that I have them, and I get to share in their journey!
Hey, everyday I feel I do the same ole, same ole thing....which I do. But it is nice to be at home at times and not have to call in to work and tell them I am sick and try to find a babysitter at times. Though I do envy those who eat out at fancy restaurants and go fun places....because I don none of those!! Let's please get together! My marissa and Jaci will have fun playing with Noah!!! call me sometime won't ya!
I absolutely LOVE that section your friend wrote...it's so true, it's sometimes all about how you look at things. Easier said than done some days, but it's important to try!
When Ryan and I got married, the best piece of advice we got was to remember this:
"The grass isn't always greener on the other side...IT'S WHERE YOU WATER IT MORE."
Post a Comment