Our little Noah had his 18 month old check up on thursday. Yeah!! Can you believe he is already 18 months. Way too close to 2! Anyways. He did great! He is now my 23 lb. bundle of curiosity. The doctor said that he is really tall and skinny, like his mom. :) (yeah right!) When talking with the doctor we couldn't help but comment on how lucky we were to have such a healthy little guy. As Saturday came I noticed that he had started getting a cough. Naturally you get a cough with a stuffy nose, which he has had forever, because of breathing through your mouth. By Monday night it was HORRIBLE!! When I mean horrible, I mean going to the ER horrible. I had the monitor up as high as it would go to try and get a small sound. Still worried, Chris gathered his pillow and Noah at 1:30 a.m. and slept in our spare bedroom. His breathing was labored and every time he would cough he would cry. It was one of the worst nights. No one slept but Noah. The coughing and weezing went through the morning. He would cough so much that it was making him sick. It was really tough to see Chris crying as he tried to comfort our little guy. It was time to see the doctor. We got in early and they looked him over with the diagnosis of Croup. This is where their airway gets really small and which makes their breathing weezy. It's like drinking through a coffee straw. On top of that he ended up getting an ear infection. What are they chances of that. Thursday, clean bill of health to Monday, Croup with a side of ear infection. Crazy! To treat him they gave him a steroid. You can either do it in a shot or chocolate syrup. We opted for the chocolate syrup, he's been through enough. So after a 4 hour nap and a dose of the 'pink stuff' he is feeling a million times better and so are we.
1.22.2008
All Crouped Up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























6 comments:
Oh my gosh poor little Noah! I'm so sorry to hear that. I feel so bad that we were hanging out with you guys all hours of the night on Monday when he was so sick. For what he was going through, I can't believe he was such a trooper the whole time. I hope you guys are doing better now.
poor baby! That is the saddest thing I have ever heard! I hope he is feeling better. Let's talk soon! I hope we see you at Max's #1 on Sat. It will not be as cool as Noah's, but hopefully it will come together ok!
Oh poor Noah!! I bet that was so scary for you too! How is he doing? Any better? I think its sometimes harder on the parents than the kids! Well give him our love!
Oh that is so rotten...sorry you guys had to go through that...I hope he starts feeling better soon!
Awww poor little Noah, kirsten has had croup every year since she was born. Its no fun. That choclate syrup stuff is great huh! Hope he's feeling better, I'm sure he is cause this is quite some time later! Miss seeing you guys around!
Yep, we've done that three times with Dallin now (two of which we did end up in the ER) and once with Easton! I hate that feeling of not being able to anything to make it better.
Post a Comment