8.05.2008

Life....

It's been awhile since my last post so I thought I would reflect on what has happened these past weeks.


Last sunday my Grandpa pasted away.  With this, I had the privilege to make the programs for the memorial service.  This was really tough for me to do.  To see his smiling face on pictures and to reflect on lessons taught.  He is truly the most amazing person t
hat I have known.  He taught me so much about life and how to live it to the greatest ability, which he did.  He was the one who taught me how to cheat at cards.  The one who always made me go find the answers.  And the one who taught me to be stubborn.  


At the service the bishop stood up and read this poem which touched me...

I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and the sky come to mingle with each other.
Then someone at my side says:  "There, she is gone!"
"Gone Where?"
Gone from my sight.  That is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.
And just at the moment when someone at my side says:
"There, she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout:
"Here she comes!"

I am really excited for him to be reunited with his son and family.  I can just picture them standing and yelling "Here he comes!" with great and utter excitement in their voices.  I love him so much and will miss him greatly.  It was really great to get together with my extended family again.  There is just something about family that brings great joy to a person.

On a good note, Noah had his first big birthday party to attend.  He was so excited to go to the 'pata'.  I am still having a difficulty distingusing 'potty' and 'pata'.  Then once we got there, he was like a monkey holding onto his last banana.  What is up with this!!  So excited, yet so shy.  Silly boy.  I had sessions galore that I am still working on getting done.  I have my first bridal session on Wednesday!  Exciting!!  My nephew's brother and fiance are getting their endowments out on Thursday and then I get to be the photographer for my nephew's wedding on Saturday!  Wow, that was a long breath.  Somewhere in the middle I will be editing pictures, taking care of Noah, cooking dinner, cleaning house and then finding time to watch a movie that I probably won't have time for.  

Other than that, life is good :)

7 comments:

InspirednTired said...

Wow you are busy! I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. It's always so hard losing someone you feel so close to.

Kurt and Kristy said...

Oh Im sorry to hear about your Grandpa! Well we are definitely anxious for those pictures! I can't wait to see how they turned out!!!

Me said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa, it's so sad, and yet, happy isn't it. You did a great job on the programs!

Adrianne said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. I remember him and he was a great fello. You do such a great job at the camera!! So when are we going to get together since you have SUCH a busy life!! Have a great rest of the summer!!

Nicole M said...

What an amazing life he must have lead...especially to have had an impact on you like that. You did a wonderful job on that program, and I love those old pictures of him! I'm sure you will miss him like crazy...I know it's going to be SO hard for me to lose one of my grandparents. But like you say, it has to happen because that's "life". Anyway, let me know if you need anything.

Andrea Dent said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa! I lost one of mine in high school, and it was really hard. I hope that you are doing ok with it! I never thanked you for the amazing tips you sent me in that email. Seriously you should write a how to book! Thank you so much! I am so far from being good, but I keep remembering that you said it takes a lot of practice! Thanks for the help!

Brittany said...

Grandpa's are the best presents in life. I am glad that you were able to celebrate his life. It is so hard for those of us that are left behind when they go. The programs looked beautiful. On another note....I have a weird request. Can you do head shots. I need one and I am embarrassed about it so I think I need help....what do you think?