9.30.2008

A Week Of Fun MEGA post!!

Last weekend was so eventful for our family!  We pretty much did everything that I could think of doing!

My friend Lindsey and I hosted a baby shower for our friend Stephanie.  I ended up making the ever popular Diaper Cake!  It turned out great!  Although it would have been even better if the
diapers were white and not printed.  Oh, well.  She loved it and that was all that mattered, or else she is just a really good actress.

















Not only where the gifts great, but the food was awesome!  We had fruit, juice, sweet breads (pumpkin streusel was to die for! mmm Costco), and super yummy Ham Roll-Ups.  I have been telling everyone about how good these little morsels were.  I just had to make some for myself tonight and they were just as good as I remember.  Because I enjoyed them sooo much, I have included the recipe you lucky people, you. (the picture doesn't do it justice)

Party Ham Roll-Ups


25 Slices Ham (about 5 lbs.)
25 Slices Swiss Cheese (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
Cornbread Stuffing
Apricot Sauce

Lay out ham.  Spoon about 1/3 c. cornbread stuffing in center of each ham slice.  Lay slice of swiss cheese on top of stuffing.  Roll up and secure with a toothpick.  Place in a shallow bking dish.  Bake for about 25 minutes at 350*.  {I would watch it and make sure it doesn't burn.   I'm sure if the cheese is melted then it's good to go.}

Cornbread Stuffing
1 pan cornbread, any favorite recipe OR pkg. mix
1 c. celery; chopped finely
4 T. onion; chopped finely
1 c. margarine OR butter
1/2 c. apricot preserves
1/4 c. water

Cook cornbread according to recipe OR pkg.  While cornbread is cooling, cook celery and onion in margarine until soft.  Stir in preserves and water.  Toss this mixture lightly with crumbled cornbread.  Add more water if desired for a stuffing that is more moist.

Apricot Sauce
1 T. cornstarch
2 T. brown sugar
1 c. water
1 c. pineapple juice
1 T. butter
1/4 c. apricot preserves

Mix cornstarch and brown sugar in a small saucepan.  Add water and pineapple juice and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and is thickened.  Stir in butter and preserves.  Serve warm.

Walla!!  Now enjoy the aroma that creeps out of the oven. mmmm.  I halved this recipe and it made about 8 good sized portions.  I also got the ham from the deli so it was rectangular and held more.  Although the ham shrinks when you cook it as you notice the yummy goodness popping out of the top.  I served it with carrots, salad and a BIG glass of Martinelli's for me.

By the end of the shower, Kaycen had had enough of the ladies and was out like a light on the couch.  He is such a cutie!


















On Saturday I took Noah over to Thanksgiving Point for the corn maze and festivities.  Not only that but all the fun was just $1!!!  Talk about a steal of a deal.  We jumped on the big pillow that you could totally catch big air on it.  We walked through the Haunted Creature, okay so made it half way and then I decided I didn't want to freak Noah out so we bailed.  We took a hay ride, went down a bazillion slides, ate hot dogs, did I mention jump, and we had to have a picture with the huge rocking chair.  Speaking of the rocking chair, I looked down to get my camera ready, look up and he was doing this pose.  The people that were waiting behind us couldn't help but laugh.  Oh boy, what I have gotten into?   It was a blast!  I definatly want to bring him there next year.  Hopefully Chris will be able to make it then.




































The following day Chris and I took Noah to the Greatest Show On Earth!  You guessed it, the circus.  He loved to see all of the animals and the cool tricks that they could do.  We saw dogs catch frisbees and run through obstical courses, goats riding ponys, tigers acting like kittens, horses of all shapes and sizes...and color.  And Noah's favorite, the elephants.  They could sit, spin, play dead, do the conga line and much more.  Because I took so many pictures I put them on a slide show for your viewing pleasure.   Did I mention we were on the front row too!  It was fabulous fun!
  
It was such a fun filled week that I can't wait to do it again!

Now behold random cuteness that we call Noah. 

He is so silly.  Don't you love how I put him to work.  That's right, we start'em young around here.


















This is how we look while watching cartoons in the morning.  So cute.













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take great photographs. Weren't you in my photo class in high school?

jbjohnsen.blogspot.com

The Shill Spill said...

That is soooo fun Tiff! Is the corn festival thing at Thanksgiving Point always a $1? It looks like you guys had a BLAST! :) I think we'll have to check that place out. :)

InspirednTired said...

The shower was awesome, thanks! I loved those ham things, I am glad that you put the recipe on here, I will have to make them soon.