10.18.2008

A Wooden Anniversary.....

willow Pictures, Images and Photos
{image courtesy of photobucket}
That's right,  on Thursday we celebrated our 'Wood' Anniversary! {a.k.a. 5th Anniversary} I can't believe how time has flown by.  It seems like yesterday that we were newlyweds.  Now we are old and boring :).  Chris's sister was kind enough to watch Noah so we could go out on the town.  Unfortunately for us the movie that we were going to see started at 7 and we dropped Noah off at 6:00, so dinner was going to have to be a quicky.  The strangest thing about going out as two and not three is that of a silence.  That is until you have kids sticking their breadstick sticks through the blinds at you.  Talk about romantic :)  After a quick dinner at the Pizza Factory we headed off to the movies.  We ended up seeing Nights In Rodanthe.  I am starting to realize that the writer, Nicholas Sparks, is a very troubled man.  Chris thought that this would be a great movie since the last one he wrote, The Notebook, I balled through.  How thoughtful. This movie, of course, was another crier films.  If he stops writing books I don't know how we will carry on our tradition. {we saw The Notebook on our 2nd anniversary}

Speaking of our wooden anniversary, Chris was so thoughtful and gave me a Willow Tree Figurine.  These figurines are carved from willow tree wood, hence the name.  Throughout the years I have managed to gather a few for my collection.  Most of which Chris has given me.  I was pleasantly surprised by my newest addition.  This one is called 'Anniversary....love ever endures.'  On the back it has two doves with the words 'I Love Thee' on the back.  I love it!


















And now a little something extra for my guy...

My Dearest Chris...

I am so blessed to have you in my life.  It is difficult to picture me without you.  You are so supportive of all of my ventures and with raising our son.  My love for you grows with each day and I look forward to the next 5 years and the years after.  It is difficult for me to put my love into words.  I can only hope that you know how much I cherish you and all that you do for me.  Thank you for being that man that I fell in love with 6 years ago.

Love Always
Tiffany

4 comments:

Chan N Lan said...

Happy Anniversary! It's crazy to think that 5 years have already gone by so quickly. Looks like you both had a great one.

The Ingebretsen's... said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I love Willow Trees, they're so simple, yet so beautiful!!!! Thanks for putting the shower together yesterday!

Nicole M said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! Wow, 5 years. Time really flies, huh. Sounds like you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Awe Tiffany, I love seeing pictures you take! I love your blog, so cute.