2.23.2009

i ski too daddy!

Saturday we had a great opportunity! We took Noah for his first ski lesson!  Besides the weather being absolutely amazing, we didn't have to pay!  Up at Alta you can ski for free after 3:00 pm on one lift and that was enough for us!  It was so warm that we didn't wear gloves or coats.  And yes, I went down a few times.  Crazy.....yes!  Not nearly as crazy as what I was witnessing though.  There was a man teaching his toddler and strapped to his back was an infant.  Another woman with her two toddlers and an infant strapped to the front of her.  I guess if you are really good then go for it.  I thought they were a little crazy though.

In all of my attempts to get a picture of us on this momentous day, it didn't happen.  But I do have a little video to share of Chris and Noah frolicking on the slope.


***NOTE:  If you are interested in going to Alta for free skiing, go after 3:00 pm.  The lift is at the last parking lot up the canyon.  We had all of our stuff so we didn't have to rent anything, BUT....if you need to rent anything it's only $8 per person for boots and skis.  It's really a great deal, especially if you are wanting to learn and don't want to spend a fortune.  It's also ski only country there.  Sorry snowboarders.***

3 comments:

Suzie said...

That is so cute!!! What a cute little man!! :) Pretty soon you will have your ski lift family :) Congrats on being pregnant im so happy for you!!!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Chan N Lan said...

Looks like you all had a great time! We'll have to go up to a resort that allows snowboarders, so that we can go together.