This post has been in my draft pile for who knows how long. Okay maybe over a month now, but hey things happen right. So here it is in a nut shell, sorry so late. I can't believe she's already 5 wks old. My baby is growing up!
The past months I have been watching the poll grow more and more in favor of a girl. To everyones guess and out greatest surprise, we had a GIRL!
Aspen Taylor Moody
September 06, 2009
6 lbs. 5 oz. 19 inches 10:23 pm

During the last couple of weeks before the due date, we were given the option to switch insurances which would save us $4000. Unfortunately, this would mean that I would have to switch doctors and go to a different hospital. I don't know how many nights I cried and was stress out beyond belief. After talking to a good friend over the phone she reassured me with this answer, 'you need to stop living in fear and live for the moment'. This was the answer that I needed to move forward with switching insurances.
Once we found a doctor and the insurance accepted us, it was all up to the little one to arrive.
The doctor that we found is a member at the country club that Chris works at. I swore up and down that I would never again do an OBGYN that was a member there. But I think I will take that statement back now after going with him. He was AMAZING!! He was so amazing, that he took time after his work day to talk with us and let me get to know him better so I was comfortable with the switch. After many visits and much conversation, we decided to strip my membranes on September 6th.
The morning of the 6th I went in and had my membranes striped. That afternoon we were going to head up to meet with Chris' family up in Salt Lake for brunch. The whole time I felt like it was that time of the month, just a few menstrual cramps to say it best. It wasn't anything that I couldn't handle on a normal basis and was just from the stripping that I felt this way.
After brunch we headed back home. It was so nice to have Chris there so that I could work on getting laundry ironed and cleaned the house a little bit before the new one came. At about 6 the phone rang and it was the doctor. He had mentioned to Chris that maybe we should go in and have them break my water. I was terrified! Here I am feeling fine and doing my ironing and NOW have the option of just going in! So in we went not thinking anything of it.
We walked right up to the Women's Center of the hospital and checked in at about 7:00. My brother and sister-in-law came at 7:30 and picked Noah up.
Once Noah was gone, the nurse came in and asked the usual questions.
Nurse: How's your pain from 0 to 10?
Me: 0
Nurse: Did you know that your contractions are 3 minutes apart?
Me: No?!
I was in shock! Did she say I was in labor? Okay, so I went in at a 4 and was 95% effaced. How far along does that put me now? I couldn't believe it! And now it was time for the worst part of the whole deal....NEEDLES! As most of you know, I am terrified of needles! Luckily my nurse had the same fear so she understood what I was going through. Plus my doctor called in advance and told them my fear, who does that?!
He's awesome!
She gave me my I-V and told me she got the best anesthesiologist they had. Oh, I was so grateful for her! By 8:30 I had gotten my I-V and epideral and we were set. Now it was time to wait.....
The doctor came in and checked me and gave Chris all of my prescriptions. (This way I didn't have to endure the $15 charge per pill at the hospital. If you can do it this way I would highly recommend it!) Chris asked if he thought he would have time to pick up the prescriptions and he said he had a ton of time and to go ahead and get them. Chris left around 9:00. At about 10:00 the nurse came in and checked me again and asked where Chris was and to call him. Apparently I went from a 4 to a 9.5 in about 1 hour or so. I called Chris and he was just leaving the pharmacy and was on his way.
He walked into the room and we were ready to push! I couldn't believe we were here again!
Doctor: 'Let's see how you do with a push. Okay, there's the head. Stop'
He then had to get his gown on. After the first push and the second...very little push...SHE was here!
I couldn't believe we had a GIRL! I was in shock! I remember saying I can't believe it's a girl over and over again I just couldn't get over the fact!
If it wasn't for my amazing doctor, who took us last minute, I don't know what we would have done! We probably would have had her at home or on the side of the road if he wouldn't have called. After all, I was only feeling cramps but not contractions like what I had with Noah. For us, he was a blessing in disguise and how grateful I am towards him and his compassion for me. It brings me to tears to think of how lucky we were to have such a great doctor.
Thank you Dr. Holmes for a great experience!























6 comments:
Congrats! She is beautiful. Love the name. xoxo
I have been checking this thing for sooo long :) CONGRATS! SHE is sooo sweet! Can't wait to see more pictures! Hope you are all doing and adjusting well!
She's absolutely beautiful!! Congrats to you guys!
She is beautiful!
Congrats! Please leave his name and number. I am in need of a good doctor!
Wow Tiffany! That's the perfect labor story. Could things have gone any better? Wow! Cool deal and congrats on the precious little girl!
Post a Comment