So I realize that I will need to do a little back tracking to catch up to where we are now so I hope you are ready for a new post almost daily. It's been a crazy summer with a lot going on and for starters I will take you back to July....
Noah turned 3!!
A few days after Noah's birthday he was due for his 3 year well check. So as the stats go he weighs in at a whopping 30 lbs and is in the 25% with a height of 37 inches in the 50%. I think we have another little Chris on our hands. Tall and skinny. You would never have guessed it with the way this child snacks!
I am still in shock that I am old enough to have a 3 year old. How time flies when it's your own! I have decided that we will have, or attempt to have, a birthday party with friends and family every other year. And this was the party year!!
We set sail with a grand pirate birthday party for him. Everyone was dressed up with sashes, bandanas, pirate jewelry and a 'shiver me timbers attitude.' It turned out great!! Not to mention the amazing pirate cake!! Yummy!! Noah was truly spoiled that day. We had to go and buy a bin just to keep all of his new cars in! Thank you to everyone who came and had a swashbuckling good time!!




I got sparkler candles for the cannons. It was so cute until they decided to last a few second...very sad but still fun! And yes, the entire thing was made out of cake. Pirate Ship and everything!!



and of course you can't forget a little coaxing from grandpa to eat the cake before anyone else got to it.
it was a great fun filled day with friends, family, and the most amazing food!! I am still craving the homemade rootbeer from that day. mmmmmmm
Just The Daily Jive
Every day is a new challenge with a 3 year old but we get through without fail. This day was the day Noah decided to dress himself. I have to give him props on getting his pants on. 'It's easier this way anyways to get to the pockets' as Noah put it. So much easier to get his cars in and out of. I love this kid!

We also work on our pre-drivers ed by parking our cars in a row. He is very meticulous about how they all line up. And now that we have 50+ cars to park, this takes up a good chunk of time throughout the day.


Once we have parked all of the cars perfectly, we head down stairs to grab a snack. To my surprise I not only have a 3 year old, but a monkey! This is how I catch him almost every day. It's not that I don't feed this child, but that he snacks 24-7. He's doctor says that it is normal for boys to snack all day. With this he rarely finishes the important meals. This too his doctor says is normal. He said that I would be lucky if I get 4 good meals in him a week. What!!! He is still a great eater when we have some of his favorites. Unfortunately for him, hot dogs and mac and cheese gets a little old for me.


We also have been loving when the weather is cooler and it rains. We sit out in the front doorway or on our new favorite porch chair, which I am loving, donated to us by our neighbor! (thanks a million Kami!!) After about a year and a half of sanding old paint off, a great paint job by my dad and some new hardware, I think it looks great! Not to mention the great yellow cushions that fit perfectly. I love yellow!


Some New Beginnings and Major Changes
There's not too much more time left as a family of three plus dog. The weeks seem to be flying by faster than we think. Right now I am dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced. This was as of about 3 weeks ago and still hasn't changed. To me this means that the new one could arrive any day now!! I am so excited and so nervous at the same time that nesting has become a daily job.
First things first when it comes to nesting and that would be to get Noah into a bigger room. Last year my dad and I painted and did beadboard around the guest room in hopes that it would some day be Noah's. We purchased a new bedroom set at Costco and vawalla....Noah's new room was done! I love the fact that all of his toys fit!! At first he was a little ify about the new change but has taken to it quite well.




After Noah moved into the new room, we prepared the nursery. Noah was a trooper and helped me put the bassent together. He has been such a big help with this new change. Yet, I don't think he fully understands what will be happening in the next few weeks. It's really strange to see Noah's old room back to it's original state.
More to come!!

























4 comments:
I love how you decorated his room!! So cute. Now we just need to get that baby outta your little tum tum and add pink or blue to that nursery...I just want to know what you are having!!!
very fun! excited for yoU!
Oh my gosh that cake is AMAZING!!! Where did you get it? Also, I love Noah's new room and the baby's room. I'm getting so excited for you!
I love Noah's room, the colors, the simplicity, love it! The nursery is adorable:)
Post a Comment