I think he's got it folks!!!!!
In December I knew it was time to potty train Noah and get him ready for Pre-School. So of course we made all the excuses in the world not to potty train that month.....'lets just wait until after the holidays'....so we did.
December flew by like no one was looking (really! it did!) Then came January
I thought for sure January was the month. Cold outside...didn't want to go out anyways...Chris was home most of the time to help me with potty duty. Of course the thought of starting in January didn't appeal much to me because I was sleeping all day long. Just no time!!
Once April came along and realizing that I missed my chance by a long shot and it meant that I only had 5 months to get this done....we did it! No hesitations...no excuses (although the thought of being stuck in the house for weeks didn't sit to well)...WE DID IT!!
We had our ups and downs. Many mistakes, but that is what it's all about right?
We DIDN'T stay stuck in the house.
We DID bring extra pants and undies.
We DID think about quitting on numerous occasions....but it didn't happen!! amazing, I know
So for the full month of April we had him wear undies throughout the day and diapers at night. This was the only way I could keep my insanity for a while. Once April was over and we were getting pretty good during the day.....it was time to try wearing them at night. Oh the horror!!! Seriously!! The horror!! But to my surprise we have now made it 7 days through the night DRY!!
GOOD BYE DIAPERS!!! (until September of course)























4 comments:
Yay! So did you just put him on the toilet every hour or so? I need your technique ideas. I'm starting to think about being ambitious.
WOOT WOOT NOAH!
Yay, that is great news, and so exciting you are having a "surprise" baby! Props to you for being so brave :) I'm not sure I could ever be that patient!
Lil says she would love to have you potty train her. She is getting to the point that she will use the potty but like you I sit there and think lets wait until after the vacation in June... We will see.
Post a Comment